A Visual guide to using our Sugar-free Low Carb Keto Pancake and Waffle Mix
Our Pancake and Waffle Mix is such a treat for the whole family to enjoy. In this article we will be going through the recipe for making pancakes.
This recipe is inspired by traditional American pancakes so you can make your own perfect thick and fluffy delicious pancakes or waffles with just the right amount of sweetness.
Making our paleo pancakes is quick and easy but results may vary depending on which ingredients you add to the mix. ( i.e. almond milk or water as well as eggs or an egg replacer such as aquafaba) We recommend you add Almond milk to this mix.
This recipe typically makes 3-4 pancakes.
The Pancake Guide:
Ingredients / Tools
- 36g (3 heaped tbsp) of No Guilt Bakes Pancake and Waffle Mix.
- 60ml Almond milk (we recommend any nut milk alternative) or Water.
- 1 Egg or egg replacement (e.g. Aquafaba).
- A smidge of butter or cooking oil.
- 1 Non-stick small or medium frying pan.
- Measure 36g of the mix (3 tablespoons) into a medium bowl that you will use to let your pancake mix sit in.
- In a separate bowl whisk 60ml of almond milk and 1 egg until the mixture is smooth.
- Once smooth add the milk and egg mixture to the medium bowl and whisk again for 1 minute until the batter is smooth once again.
- Place the mixture on the side and let it set.
It is important to let your pancake mix rest for better results. You want to avoid overmixing your pancake batter so resting allows time for the flour to hydrate and it allows the milk (or water) time to soften the flour and dissolve any remaining lumps, preventing chewy pancakes.
Let the mix rest for at least 10 minutes. In the meantime preheat your frying pan and add a small amount of oil or butter to the pan and swish it around the sides to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Pour two tablespoons of the batter into a non-stick frying pan. (A ladle spoon works perfectly if you want to achieve that perfect round pancake shape).
- Leave the mix to cook in the pan until you see bubbles appearing on top of the pancake, then flip and cook on the other side for 1 minute.
And there you have it, tasty No Guilt Bakes pancakes. Enjoy with your favourite toppings! Please follow instructions on the packet as advised.
Leave a comment and let us know how you like your pancakes made and what your favourite pancake toppings are. Have you tried any of our other super easy keto mixes? You can find them here.