From a yeasted wheat dough, bagels are hand-formed into ring shapes. Sometimes, bagels are boiled for a short time before being baked. This results in a dense, chewy interior with a crisp exterior. Using our Multiseed Bread Mix, we present easy-to-make bagels which taste really, really good.
1 packet No Guilt Bakes Multiseed Bread Mix
215ml warm water
2tsp dried thyme, divided
Flaky sea salt
4Tbsp sesame seeds
2Tbsp sunflower seeds
200g cream cheese
2Tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- Place the bread mix, water and 1t thyme in a bowl and mix well. Knead 3-4 minutes by hand. Place in an oiled bowl and set aside, covered, for 45 minutes. It should be puffy and risen by about half.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/395°F.
- Divide the dough into 4 or 8 pieces depending on how large you want your bagels. Roll each into a ball, then press a hole in the centre with the handle of the wooden spoon. Using your hands, shape them into bagels and place them on a lined oven tray.
- Brush each bagel with olive oil and sprinkle with sesame and sunflower seeds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack. Serve with whipped feta and flaky sea salt.
- To make whipped feta: combine feta, cream cheese, maple syrup and 1t thyme in a food processor and whizz until combined.