Celebrate summer all year round with these Mochachino Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches! The perfect sweet treat to cool you down and give you that boost of coffee you need, a homemade no-churn coffee ice cream sandwiched between two fudgy chocolate espresso brownies, can be made with our NGB Chocolate Brownie Mix! This recipe serves 8 so it’ll be a great dessert to share out when you’re entertaining your loved ones!
Net Carbs: 2.5
For the brownie:
I packet of No Guilt Bakes Chocolate brownie mix
½ cup greek yoghurt
1 tablespoon espresso powder
For the ice cream;
3 cups heavy cream
⅓ cups allulose or cup for cup keto friendly sweetener
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules dissolved in 1T boiling water
¾ cup coconut or almond milk
- To make the ice cream: in a heavy-bottomed saucepan whisk together 2 cups of the cream, vanilla essence and allulose. Cook, whisking every few minutes, for 25-30 minutes or until thick and like condensed milk (it should be reduced by about half). Allow to cool.
- When the cream mixture is completely cold, add in the remaining cream, milk and coffee dissolved in water. Mix well and place into a metal freezer-proof dish and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for two hours then remove and stir. Put back in freezer and stir every 60-90 minutes for the first four hours until solid. Freeze without stirring for a further hour.
- To make the brownies: Line two 9x13 inch baking pans with baking paper.
- Pour brownie mix into a bowl and add the espresso powder, melted butter, eggs and yoghurt and mix well.
- Spread the brownies in a thin layer along the bottom of both pans, using a rubber spatula or spoon to push it right into the corners. Bake 10-12 minutes or until it feels springy in the centre when pressed. Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Remove the brownie layers from the tins and place on a flat surface. Cover with a layer of plastic wrap or baking paper and place a chopping board or flat pan on top. Press gently to flatten the brownies without breaking or cracking them. Allow to cool fully then place one slice back in one of the tins.
- Remove the ice cream from freezer and allow to melt to a spreadable texture.
- Spread the ice cream across the brownie layer then top with remaining brownie layer. Press firmly down and place in freezer 2 hours or more.
- Slice into rectangles and wrap each individual slice in freezer paper until serving.
Notes/tips: A keto-friendly, sugar free ice cream can be used if you don't want to make your own but the net carb count may be different.