There is no better treat than pancakes on the weekend, and now you can take them up a level by using berries to naturally colour them from deepest purple to vibrant pink. This super-simple recipe using our Pancake and Waffle Mix, will have everyone wanting to get involved!
½ cup No Guilt Bakes Pancake and Waffle Mix
75ml almond milk
½ cup fresh, canned or frozen berries
½ cup cream cheese
2 tablespoon allulose or powdered sweetener of choice
Juice of half a lemon
- Place the pancake mix in a large bowl and add the egg and almond milk. Whisk until smooth. Rest mixture for 5 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into three separate bowls. Crush the berries through a sieve and add ⅔ of the resulting juice to one of the bowls, and ⅓ to a second bowl to make three different tones of mixture.
- Heat a frypan or griddle pan over a medium high heat. Drizzle with oil and place a spoonful of the mixture into the hot pan, and cook until bubbles form around the edges. Flip and cook other side for 45 seconds then remove to a plate. Repeat, making two of each colour.
- Stack pancakes from dark to light.
- Mix the cream cheese, sweetener and lemon juice together and drizzle over the top.